LĀNAI, HAWAI‘I, October 3, 2016 – FOUR SEASONS RESORTS LĀNAI. Having fun on the golf course doesn’t only start on the first hole or end after the 18th at the award-winning Manele Golf Course at Four Seasons Resorts Lānai. And the PGA pros firmly believe fun should be had by all, even non-golfers who want to get in on the action.
With ocean views on every hole, it’s often hard to keep an eye on the ball during play, but it does make for some great activities on the greens, before or after rounds on the island’s picturesque Jack Nicklaus Signature Course:
- Rock ‘N’ Range: Each Thursday at the practice facility, Rock N’ Range provides an après golf experience featuring complimentary use of the range plus free tips from the resort’s teaching pros all set to lively music. Pupus and cocktails at the Range Bar make this a great way to wind down the day as the sun sets. From 4-5:30 p.m.
- “Pop Up” Practice: Take a “Swing by the Bay” in the BirdieBall “inflatable driving range” on the luau lawn of the Resort just steps from the beach – or wherever the cage pops up. Everyone in the family can get a taste of the game, even though the kids can be excused for thinking it resembles a bounce house. A golf professional is always on hand to get guests started, talk golf, and provide information about other golf activities at the resort. Tuesdays at 9 a.m.
- Nine & Wine: Enjoy nine holes of afternoon golf on one of the world’s most scenic courses, followed by wine, cheese, and island-inspired snacks at the cliff- side restaurant aptly named VIEWS or wherever the heart desires. The Nine & Wine program is available for resort guests beginning at 3 p.m. and is $195/for golfers and $75 for those who simply want to ride along, enjoy the views, and sip their wine. The stunning clubhouse restaurant showcases views of Sweetheart Rock and the Manele Bay beach. The dramatic sunset is complimentary.
- Wake Me Up Coconut: It’s almost impossible to improve on the scenery from the Manele Golf Course restaurant VIEWS, but if anything can do it, this coffee concoction of creamy house made coconut sorbet topped with a double shot of espresso does the trick. But don’t let it distract you from peering down at Sweetheart Rock and Hulopoʻe Beach, or from watching Spinner dolphins and humpback whales frolic in the ocean below.
- Golf 101: Totally new to the game? Don’t worry because the pros at Manele Golf Course cover it all. Golf 101 participants take command of a golf cart, feel comfortable around the golf shop, learn how to make a tee time, and get a sense of some basic etiquette on the golf course. The class is designed to take away some of the barriers and makes all guests feel welcome at the golf course no matter if it’s for the first time.
Delivering unmatched guest comfort with luxurious accommodations, extraordinary facilities and many personalized amenities, the AAA Five Diamond Four Seasons Resort Lānai features 213 guestrooms, dining experiences such as the signature ONE FORTY restaurant, NOBU LĀNAʿI, spa and wellness program, a variety of complimentary activities and luxury retail boutiques.
A resort with its own island to explore, guests can enjoy upcountry adventures on horse or UTV, fly on helicopter tours, snorkel, sail or scuba dive, explore heritage sites or simply relax on secluded beaches.
For more information about the Manele Golf Course and Four Seasons Resorts Lānai, or to make a reservation, contact Four Seasons at 1-800-321-4666, visit your travel professional, fourseasons.com/lanai, or join our online communities at Facebook @FourSeasonsResortsLanai, Twitter @fslanai and instagram @fslanai. To contact the Manele Golf Course Pro Shop, call 808-565-4000.