Anthony Webber. Editor-at-Large. iGTN. Thanks to TheGrint, golfers worldwide now have the opportunity to secure a free United States Golf Association (USGA) compliant handicap among a multitude of additional game-enhancing and social media features.
TheGrint has officially launched its new free mobile application to golfers everywhere in both iPhone and Android versions.
It is the most comprehensive statistical and social golf APP available today and offers a wide range of services free to golfers of all levels and backgrounds, whether they have a home golf course or not.
The APP is available on TheGrint.com and iTunes and was developed by TheGrint Group based in Coral Gables, Florida.
In addition to a free USGA-compliant handicap, TheGrint provides golfers a feature for nearly every game obsession, including:
- GPS Rangefinder- to easily find yardages right from the palm of your hand via your phone (premium offering).
- Scorecard Picture Service – to upload and calculate your scores and hole-by-hole stats in 45 seconds into your personal database (premium offering). Golfers can simply take a picture of their scorecard right from the 18th green, send it into TheGrint or upload it with TheGrint apps and the score is instantly uploaded and calculated for handicapping.
- Live Scoring Leaderboards – to create your own “tour” with your friends no matter where or when they are playing (premium offering).
- A Full Suite of Stats and Charts – to instantly track and analyze your game from nearly every imaginable angle complete with pie and bar charts, including a special stat called “The Grint” for your percentage of holes played in par or better.
- The Stat Tracker – to compare how you are doing versus your golfing friends.
“No other golf APP compares to TheGrint’s depth of offerings,” said Jose Torbay, Founder of TheGrint. “Our APP is not only free but it is truly the only tool of its kind. It perfectly combines extensive game and statistical analysis with a robust social media platform for live interaction with your golfing friends. It is like having an expert statistician and all the fun and camaraderie of the 19th hole simultaneously in your pocket.”
TheGrint website and unique social network allow golfers and friends a virtual and yet real-time place to share their passion for the game, cultivate friendly competition and extend the game experience far beyond the course.
With TheGrint, golfers can invite and follow their friends in their golf network, stay informed of their activities via the newsfeed and compare performances on the stat tracker. Users of TheGrint can also create groups and leagues, compete and play with friends anytime with handicaps already factored in to play. The mobile APP seamlessly integrates all of the features of TheGrint.com for a quick and easy way to track your game and stay connected to your network of friends.
Premium Offering TheGrint offers a Pro Member version of its APP for $19.99 annually. This Pro offering comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and provides golfers with a more extensive offering of features and content, including:
- GPS Rangefinder, for unlimited access to maps and yardages for thousands of TheGrint golf courses worldwide
- Scorecard Picture Service
- All Access Statistical Analysis, including specialized filters to slice data and trends on your games, more charts and access to your friends’ stats
- Live Scoring Leaderboards
Crowdsourcing TheGrint is bringing crowdsourcing to the sport of golf. Grint users have the ability to map their courses if they are not already part of TheGrint’s GPS Rangefinder feature and they also can ensure their local course is part of TheGrint’s golf course inventory by adding it into the system. This crowdsourcing allows TheGrint to offer golfers a free USGA compliant handicap.
The Grint TheGrint.com and TheGrint mobile APP were developed by TheGrint Group, based in Coral Gables, Florida. TheGrint Group was founded in 2011 to develop innovative products that fill a niche and improve efficiencies and game enjoyment. TheGrint.com is an energetic and growing interactive website and social network, scorecard picture service, USGA compliant handicap tracker and mobile application designed to enhance the way golfers experience and enjoy the game.